I was handed a set of work-in-progress designs, an RFP (request for proposal) document that detailed what the potential client was asking for. Based on the information there, the client was looking to upgrade their e-commerce solution and wanted to update their design. Some of the requirements in the provided documents indicated they wanted some form of gamification to encourage repeat engagement from their hosts, so I started by doing some sketches. The main task was to create two different homepage designs (one aimed at consumers that wanted to shop direct and the other being hosted by a consultant), each with a mobile version.
I sketched out some ideas on paper, reviewed the designs they had been working on to understand what they are aiming for and in addition to that, I spent some time researching online about the business (from social media to viewing their video content.)
And the final designs...